Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine countdown #1 !


Valentines is fast approaching so I’m going to post a card a day till we get there!

Especially since I love Valentine’s Day and I love hearts and I can’t get enough of them!!

Here’s one of my favorites!


I love how this card turned out!  Do you realize that you can color our pearls and make them any color? Simply use a Sharpie marker!!

Set: Sweet Cake, page 33 in the Occasions Mini Catalog!

I also used the letter press plate Lots of Love Page 217 in the Main Catalog!



And just because it's Valentines weekend, and because i'm a little evil, and because it's that good!!!

 I thought I'd share my Favorite frosting!


Country Living's Cooked Chocolate frosting!






·         1 cup milk

·         3 tablespoons flour

·         1/8 teaspoons salt

·         8 ounces of  62 percent dark chocolate

(I used a Giant Bar of Trader Joes Dark choc 71%)

·         1 cup (2 sticks) butter

·         1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

·         2 tablespoons cocoa,

·         1 teaspoons vanilla extract



Directions

1.       Whisk 1 cup milk, 3 tablespoons flour, and 18 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble -- 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.

2.      Melt 8 ounces of either 62 percent dark chocolate. Set aside to cool.

3.      Beat 1 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, and 2 tablespoons cocoa chocolate together until light and fluffy. Beat in the cooled chocolate and add milk mixture

4.     Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (until smooth and fluffy. Use immediately.
5. Make sure to get it all over your fingers so you'll be forced to lick them!
Happy Stamping, Crafting, and baking!
Love you, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment