Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentines Sugar Love!

This may be a time when few words need to be said....
OH SO YUMMY!!!!!
I served this to my lovely stampin ladies and I know they loved it! How do i know? I saw them licking it right out of the bowl!!  No names here, I would not do that to you!! This is amazing idea is from Ree. The P.W.   I love this woman and in my eyes everything she touches it gold and perfect! However....I altered it just a bit because my kiddos said it was soggy, so here's my slightly less soggy version!  (Oh and children: if Ree reads this your doomed to a non sugared existence)

Apple Dumplings
Revised
·         2 whole Granny Smith Apples
·         2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls Trader Joe's (clean)
·         1 1/2 sticks Butter
·         3/4 cup Sugar
·         2 teaspoons Vanilla
·         Cinnamon, To Taste lots and lots for me
·         6oz  Sierra Mist Natural
Preparation Instructions
Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour soda over the whole deal. Sprinkle with lots of cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
Hope it blesses your family!
Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment