Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monday's Class!

This was the party treat!
We had alot of fun but it was too much too fast!  I designed a lot maybe, yeah definitely too many artsy cards,  And  I might have overwhelmed my ladies a tad!!  So here are some fun pictures.  Congrats to the newbies who stuck it out and persevered!! I will say that I blame this entirely on Stampin Up!  If they didn't create so much stinkin cute stuff I wouldn't have had to make so many awesome cards!!  What can I say I'm sold on there stuff!! 


On a non- stamping front:
I had requests for my cookie and quiche recipes:

 Snickerdoodle recipe
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons cream of tartar
4 3/4 cups flour
Glaze:
1/4 stick butter melted
1/2 cup powder sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
add milk to desired thickness
a pinch of salt and a touch of vanilla

How to:

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Cream together the butter, applesauce and both sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. scoop the dough into 1 inch balls and toss them in the cinnamon sugar. Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet and flatten with bottom of glass.  Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
take out while still puffy and light colored.
drizzle with glaze. Store in an air tight container.

Crustless Mushroom, Spinach, & Onion, Quiche:

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbs olive oil
  • 1 Tbs butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cups fresh chopped spinach
  • 7 mushrooms sliced
  • 6 slices cooked turkey bacon crumbled
  • 5 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 fat free half and half
  • 1/2 cup each shredded Swiss and Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
  1. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, spinach, and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and excess water has evaporated . In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, bacon, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.Pour into prepared pie pan. 
  2. Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

I love what the pioneer woman does after she cooks a meal, she shows the messy kitchen the says:
"Just keeping it real". Here's my version!
I pray everyone loved their cards and had a great time!
Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment